This week's Scriptures and prayers:
- Wednesday, May 7th - Joshua 1:6-8, "I am strong and very courageous. I will meditate on the Word day and night."
- Thursday, May 8th - Jude 1:20-21, "Let the love of Christ control me today."
- Friday, May 9th - Exodus 15:2, "Powerful God, you are my strength. I know you are keeping me on track today."
- Saturday, May 10th - Psalm 73:26, "God is the strength of my heart."
- Sunday, May 11th - James 1:5, "God, give me wisdom liberally and without reproach."
- Monday, May 12th - 1 Corinthians 6:19, "My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit!"
- Tuesday, May 13th - Proverbs 27:17, "Thank you for blessing me with friendships."
Exercise Tip of the Week
- Track 1: Leg extensions - 3 sets of 20 repetitions
- Track 2: Chair squats - 3 sets of 20 repetitions
- Track 3: Chair squats with weights - 3 sets of 20 repetitions
Smoothie Recipe of the Week
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of stemmed and chopped collard greens of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups of frozen mango
- 1 cup of green grapes
- 1/2 cup of water
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth, about one minute. Add more water to reach desired consistency
Featured Entré of the Week
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (boil and cut in small pieces)
- 1 onion and clove of garlic, diced and sautéed
- 7 oz diced green chilis
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 15 oz can of hominy
- 12 oz creamed corn
- 1 1/2 Tablesppon chile powder
- 3 cans white beans
- 1 8 oz salsa verde mild
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch of cilantro chopped
- 16 oz organic chicken broth
Stir ingredients together. Can also serve with chopped avocado or shredded cheddar cheese.